Are you wondering how to sell on Craigslist? You have landed on the right platform. Here, we are going to share the secret that how you can sell on Craigslist easily? Would not you prefer to know it? Let us check it out everything in a detailed manner. Recently, while unpacking after a move, I came across a not-so-surprising revelation: It had a lot of stuff I really didn’t need. I still had boxes that I never unpacked from my previous move, which was two years ago. Now, I know I have a habit of holding things for a long time and taking frugal life too far, especially when it comes to electronics. I always think that I may need them suddenly (or have the ability to fix them) someday. However, two years of unpacked boxes are at the hoarding limit.
I took out a new box, drew a huge dollar sign, and threw out anything worth selling. Over the next few weeks, I sold 25 different items on Craigslist and made enough money to make up for the savings I spent on the move. Anyone can sell anything on Craigslist, but I’ve learned that making money on Craigslist really is an art form. To get the most out of your past stuff, you need a smart plan, a combination of great photos, a fair price, and smart advertising.
How to sell on Craigslist
1. Plan and research
First, you need to start with the plant and investigation. It will surely help you to understand everything in a detailed manner. The best thing is that you need to go with the first step to understand in a detailed manner.
Do not get into your advertising without careful planning and research. You need to make your planning first in an ideal manner. You will have to do a little research to find the best price and write the best description, especially if you do not know the technical specifications of your article. The more specific you put your description, the more you will have traffic to your post.
You might be running confused a bit. Let us understand it in a detailed manner – During my unpacking fiasco, for example, I realized that I am having two digital cameras. I did not know much about either, except that they were both cameras. Moreover, I just wanted to sell it getting an ideal amount for it. Then what I did is did some more homework on both cameras on technology sites, discovered which one I would keep and published the other one using published specifications and prices as a guide. It helped me a lot that first I am having indeed information in a detailed manner. Remember that Craigslist is a very competitive market, and here you can have a wide array of options easily. Here, people are probably selling items that are very similar to yours. If you are the one with more information, potential buyers are more likely to find you and more likely to do business with you. With the help of Craigslist, now you can sell and buy the needed item easily. Saying would not be wrong that buying and selling have never been easy like it is right now going with Craigslist.
How To Find More Information How To Find More Information –
Are you wondering how you can have more information?Unless you have collectibles or rare antiques, you can do all your research in three quick steps:
- Search Your Article On Popular Review Or Pricing Websites – First, you need to find out what is the price of the product. For example, you can research most electronic products on CNET or on the manufacturer’s website. Both sources will provide technical specifications and features. You can then use this information to provide the necessary details for potential buyers.
- Find The Current Price Of The Product You Sell New – Yes!!! It is indeed needed and you should not forget it to consider. Make sure that you are going to have current price of the product you sell new. A quick Google search will give you a decent indicator, and you should make some comparison purchases on some sites specific to your type of item or other large online stores. Of course, you will not be able to sell your used item for money that new product orders, but this price will give you a ceiling and help you calculate your selling price. You can find the right price and it makes your product go on sale easily. You do not need to worry about it at all. Compare what you have with other products listed on Craigslist and eBay. You will want to charge in the range of your fellow sellers in the two most popular online markets, or you will not get many offers.
- Professional Advice: Take Notes – And the last option is indeed important to understand how you can make the right and ideal decision for sure. Do not forget to consider personal advice at all. And that is why this option is considered ideal to have.It may sound like the basic advice of your third-grade teacher, but when looking at current prices, write down the numbers you are seeing or take notes online. If you are selling some items, you do not want to rely on your memory to keep all price ranges together. Organized notes will make it much easier to reach an agreement on the final price.
2. Price Your Item –
And the next thing you need to go ahead is to add the competitive price on your product Having price can make your customers buy it. Make sure that you are going to put an ideal price on it. Research may seem like a big commitment, but at least it is not the hard part. It’s time to put a price on your item. Request too much money and you will not get a legitimate answer. Set the price too low and leave money on the table.
When looking at other Craigslist sellers and eBay listings, you have a good idea of a price range. Now, look at the condition of your article. If you are missing pieces, it does not work quite well or you have simply seen better days, then you need to err on the low side of that range. On the other hand, if it is in perfect condition or as new, then you can go to the top of your range. It means you are having at the right place from where you can have the best options.
Be realistic. You might think that your things are worth more to others than they really are. If you lose control, you will end up wasting time. Sure, that DVD player was a high-end gadget when you got it as a graduation gift five years ago, but since then you’ve spilled your drink on it twice, and newer Blu-ray players came out. No one is going to pay you $ 200 for that now.
Pro tip: When pricing your item, decide whether you want to run it at a firm price or as the “best deal” price. A firm price will give you exactly what you want, but you need to attract the right buyer. When you run a best offer ad, you may not make as much money as you thought possible, but you will get a lot of interest from potential customers.
3. Take photos
When it comes to buying things online, a good image is the seller’s best friend. In fact, a good image can be the key to attracting a buyer.
Craigslist allows you to post up to four photos per ad. While you may not need to use all four, you should always load at least one clear image that shows the entire item. For the other three locations, consider close-ups of key features or shots from other angles.
To get the most out of Craigslist photo mapping, take multiple photos and upload the top four. Organizing your photos will help make them clearer and more attractive, and it’s easy to do a good job at home.
Here are some basic tips for organizing your photos:
- Clean the item . For example, if you sell a used bike, give it a good wash to remove dirt before taking a picture.
- Include any accessory in the photo . Gadgets and other electronic devices generally come with accessories, software, or manuals. Include everything you are selling with the item in the photo.
- Create a background . You can go all out and use a white or black sheet as the backdrop for your photo. A solid contrast color will help the item stand out. Realistically, I usually find a clutter-free area of my home to take the photo. You want to make clear what you are selling; don’t let anything else appear in the photo.
- Find the best lighting . Try to take your photos in natural light. In a dark room, the photo will not be displayed clearly, and artificial light may change the color of the item.
- Take multiple photos Take at least one shot from all angles.
Pro tip : If your item is particularly large or small, take a picture next to a universally known object, such as a coin or baseball, so potential buyers can get a feel for scale. Especially for electronic and tech devices, where the smallest is often best, you’ll want to give your audience a good idea of the size of your item. Think like an advertiser when you are taking photos, and try to tell an engaging story with your images.
4. Write a clear title
You don’t have to be a master copywriter to create an attractive and engaging title. Just remember to spend a little creative time and consideration when you come up with a title, because the title does two important things:
- It’s the first thing people see in your ad.
- It is the way that buyers search for the items they want.
Using good keywords, therefore, is the secret to an effective search title. Include as many search terms as you can, without making your title confusing.
Try your best to use the item name, brand and condition. For example, if you are selling an HTC Evo smartphone, its title might be, Mint Condition HTC Evo Android Smartphone, Sprint PCS. BEST OFFER If you don’t have the right keywords, people searching for products within Craigslist will never have a chance to view your listing.
Pro tip : You don’t need to include the price or its location in the title. Craigslist adds that information in other sections.
5. Write a good description
Once you get potential buyers to see your ad with an attractive title, it’s time to seal the deal with an effective description. Craigslist provides an open text box so you can fill in any useful descriptive text. The description will appear before the photos, so you can consult them or enter them in the description.
Prospective buyers will read your description before contacting you, so include all the relevant information you can think of. This way, you will reduce the number of people who call or email you just to ask about the item. It will save time and attract more buyers with clear description.
Include the following in your description:
- What You Are Selling Start each ad by explaining what your item is.
- Item condition . Briefly explain the condition of the item after the overview. Take note of any damage, no matter how small. Honesty is your best policy here.
- Technical specifications . If you are selling an electronic device, please include the technical specifications from the manufacturer’s website.
- Price Verification Use the description to remind readers about the price. While Craigslist has a separate section for pricing, it’s a good idea to include it in the ad as well. Be sure to include if you are willing to take the best deal.
- Your contact information . Add your preferred contact method at the bottom of your ad. For example, if you prefer buyers to email you, include a note asking anyone to email the address on the ad for questions or to bid on the item. If you don’t mind phone calls, also include your home or cell phone number.
Pro tip : If you don’t want your personal email address to be public, take advantage of Craigslist’s anonymous email feature. They’ll set up a random address that will forward to your personal email so that you can receive emails the way you’re used to receiving them, without giving your real address to anyone. While you’re at it, if you want to accept calls but don’t want to share your personal number, set up a Google Voice account for your Craigslist business. Its settings make it easy to block unwanted calls, and you can keep your home or cell phone number private.
In The Last –
So, what are you waiting for? It is time to go ahead and sell your product easily and without confronting any sorts of hassles.